We have all struggled with self-esteem and although most of the time we can manage our feelings about ourselves, some of the time our doubts about who we are and what we can do get the best of us.
Here are 10 simple things to do that will help you to increase your self-esteem. Do some or all, they all build on the each other.
- Write down 3 things each day that you appreciate about yourself
- If we don't appreciate ourselves, why should anyone else?
- Find positive ways to handle mistakes
- Mistakes are opportunities, learn from them
- Be kind to others
- It feels good to make others happy
- Be positively motivated by things that you like
- Do things that make you happy, not sad
- Choose to do the right thing
- Even if it is not the most popular. Be proud of your decision
- Stop being your own worst critic
- Build yourself up, don't bring yourself down
- Take a few minutes each day to take care of yourself
- You can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself first
- Take the opportunity to go outside your comfort zone and try something new
- Try it, you might like it
- It's ok not to be perfect
- Perfect is boring, be exciting!
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Be the best version of yourself, embrace your differences
When we have increased self-esteem, we have more stability and less self-sabotage. We increase our happiness and decrease our burdens but most of all we become more attractive to those around us. When this happens our relationships thrive in a way that they didn't before and we finally begin to live the life that is intended for us.